Tuesday, January 27, 2015

New and Improved Reading Culture?

So, I have always been a bit of a bookworm.  Wayback, before everyone carried technology with them, I would usually have a book with me.  This meant that any time spent waiting for buses, appointments and grocery store lineups could be spent reading.
Mostly, I just got used to the odd looks I'd get from people while I read in various scenarios...
As I drove into Kelowna today, I was amazed by the number of people I saw, in various stages of waiting, avidly reading from the small screens in their hands.

Interesting that compulsive reading has become the norm. 

Take a look at how many people around you are busily "reading" from their handheld tech.   And just imagine what it would be like if in their hands were books instead of gadgets.

Neat, huh?

No comments: