Thursday, February 10, 2005

busy buzzings, and Metric rocks!

Wow, I haven't entered anything new here in a LOOONG time. Last time was summer, which, in light of the cold weather today seems very VERY far away.
Since I last entered anything, we've got thru xmas, we went to Banff for a brief holiday (most of which I was sick) and I've learned to knit, which is currently occupying much of my thoughts - that and V-Day, being part of the floral industry.
I'm amazed at how much I'm enjoying knitting. I never would have expected it, but I am really enjoying it. At this point, all I know is the knit stitch, but I can bind off, and I can make stripes with different colours of yarn. I never thought that would excite me so much.
I've read that many people knit who you wouldn't expect to - Laurence Fishburne, for one - enough said.
AND I went to see Metric in concert with my sister - they are incredbile live - if you haven't seen them and you're looking for a great night of live music, check them out when they come to a town near you. I'd even suggest that it's worth travelling to a town not near you just to see them!
I've also had my interest in yoga renewed, thanks to a teacher at a local studio - I seem to have found my connection to it again, and it is wonderful to be involved with again. Although with work being so busy over the last couple weeks, I haven't been able to give it the time it needs, I am at the point of doing a practice almost every day, including about 10 minutes first thing in the morning. If I think of it like breakfast, something I can't skip, I usually won't miss it.
Well, as usual, my house is a mess, and my mat and needles are calling me. Time to go do too many things at once. I must try to do more regular entries on my blog.

No comments: